[antlr-interest] Should I use Antlr v2.7 or v3.0?---Use antlr 3.x!

Bernardo Elayda belayda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:39:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

Here are the reason's why I use Antlr 3.1b1:

(1) there's a very good book out there on Antlr 3.x
(2) The new tree re-write rules in Antlr 3.1b1 are very handy and will save
application space.
(3) Many bugs in Antlr 2.x are fixed in Antlr 3.x.

Sure, you could use Antlr 2.x and leverage the older grammars.  In my
experience, it's better to use the syntax and use a grammar you make
yourself.
With a grammar written by someone else, you can find your self struggling to
accept/understand some of their grammar rules.

hth,
Bernardo