[antlr-interest] ANTLR3 Maven2 plugin, strange errors

Jeroen Steenbeeke jeroen at pbemengine.nl
Wed Jun 25 10:02:19 PDT 2008

Hey everyone,

I am currently in the process of generating the source for a Tree
Grammar for Java (basically Dieter Habelitz' grammar with my own
processing stuff added in code blocks).

When using the command line or when running the generation through Ant
(with <java> tasks) everything works out fine, but for some reason I
can't get it to work with the ANTLR3 plugin for Maven2.

I've added the pom.xml file and Maven's output as attachments. For some
reason the ANTLR plugin manages to get into an infinite recursion that
causes OutOfMemoryErrors. I've tried increasing the available heapspace
with the -Xmx JVM option but to no avail - the generator simply freezes
even with over 1GB of heap space.

What could be causing these problems? Is Maven perhaps using an
incorrect version of ANTLR?

Or would it be better to simply report this as a bug to the Maven2
plugin developers?

Cheers,

Jeroen Steenbeeke