[antlr-interest] empty right hand side

Edwards, Waverly Waverly.Edwards at genesys.com
Fri Jun 27 11:13:01 PDT 2008

What would and empty right hand side look like in an ANTLR grammar?

While I've been desperately attempting to stand on my own two feet and
be able to determine a first and follow set from a grammar, I've read
and
have been told that determining these sets only become difficult when
you have an empty production.  What would that look like?  It may sound
a bit silly but at no time have I ever seen an empty right-hand sides
(conventionally written using the Greek letter epsilon) in an ANTLR
grammar.

Thank you very much for your time,

W.

(if you see this message twice, I apologize.)