[antlr-interest] A question regarding autotools

Horvath, Tamas 2 horvath.tamas at siemens.com
Mon Jun 30 22:38:55 PDT 2008

Hi all!

I've searched the whole Internet for an example how to use the ANTLR in GNU Autotools.
I saw that there is a SUFFIXES variable that can be used to call the antlr 2.* to compile the <something>.g file to C++ sources, but this is not a way to go since the autotools supposes that it will generate a <something>.o file.
Maybe the BUILT_SOURCES can be used somehow.. But how?
I already found a way to find an apropriate java, and to build a variable "ANTRL=java -cp ... antlr.Tool" through Configure.in... But I have problems to call the antlr and compile my project with the new cpp files.
If someone can help me please answer.

Thanks,
Tamás