[antlr-interest] generating C - error message

Scott Petler scottp at sonic.net
Thu Mar 6 14:29:32 PST 2008

I want to try and generate C rather than C++, but when I change the
Language target I get an error message about a missing code generator.
I installed antlr from debian dselect.  Is there a library I need to do
this? where would it be installed?
Also, is the version on Debian (2.7.7), able to support C generation?

Thanks,
Scott

options {
    language="Cpp";
}

works ok...

When I change to:

options {
    language="C";
}

twin ~ $ runantlr verilog.g
Running java antlr.Tool $* with /usr/share/java/antlr.jar appended to
the CLASSPATH variable
ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.7 (20080228)   1989-2005
panic: Cannot instantiate code-generator: antlr.CCodeGenerator