[antlr-interest] Migrating a PCCTS grammar to ANTRL 3.0

Loring Craymer lgcraymer at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 22:15:53 PST 2008

dlg lexers are very different from ANTLR 2 or ANTLR 3 lexers (IIRC, dlg does LR recognition).  Lexer states (lexclasses) are on the "TO DO" list for ANTLR 3, but I doubt that they will appear anytime soon.

Your best bet is to find some similar lexing problem that has been solved in ANTLR 3 and adapting that grammar for your specific problem (if that is possible).  This is one of those cases where direct translation is not likely to be as easy as developing a lexer from scratch.

--Loring