[antlr-interest] A postmortem of my use of antler

Paul Eames peames at nexagent.com
Tue Mar 11 04:39:55 PDT 2008

I found ANTLR a little hard to pick up (I hadn't done any work with
lexers or parsers since uni days) until I bought Terence's book. I have
now found that I've implemented a very clean and easy to understand v3
grammar that I can use to communicate with some of our more technical
business guys as it looks very much like a DSL for our problem domain. I
am able to quickly add additional rules and solid unit tests around them
and I very rarely have to look at the generated code. I'd agree that
there's a bit of a learning curve and also that the docs, aside from
Terence's book, are not great. Solution: buy the book :-)