[antlr-interest] A postmortem of my use of antler

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Tue Mar 11 12:33:07 PDT 2008

Richard Clark wrote:
> For a point of reference, what is your background with ANTLR,
> compilers, etc.? I agree with some of the things you say and see
> others differently. Knowing where you're coming from will help make
> sense of the latter.
>
> ...R

BSCS and MSCS degrees, been programming since 1980, 17 years at a large
telecom company, several years of lex/yacc and similar tools, about 7
years of
using ANTLR, 5 years ago founded company (Jazillian) that translates
between programming languages.
I would say above-average understanding of these kinds of tools, not an
expert.
I tend to focus on usability and practice, rather than theory. Probably
not as smart as
most people in this field (which helps me be a "perpetual newbie").
A contrarian, obviously.