[antlr-interest] New snapshot of 3.1 beta, plus C runtime b2

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Thu Mar 20 13:59:01 PDT 2008

Hi folks, and especially Jim

I'm probably being an idiot, but how do you build the C runtime these
days? The previous version was easy, but now it requires ./configure,
and I can't quite get that far!!

./configure fails with
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

This could be because automake is failing:

stuart at stuart-desktop:~/antlr-2008-03-13.12/runtime/C$ aclocal
stuart at stuart-desktop:~/antlr-2008-03-13.12/runtime/C$ automake
configure.ac:157: required file `antlr3config.h.in' not found
configure.ac:51: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found

This probably works fine with a better development environment than the
one I'm trying to use. I'm using Ubuntu gutsy, and I'm not hugely
experienced at autoconfing stuff. I really only need the antlr3config.h
file so I can hack it to get the C runtime to compile under the Windows
system, as I use MinGW rather than VS2005. None of these files seem to
exist, but I can't be sure whether they are automagically created or
not, or how to get this to happen.

The readme starts from ./configure, which isn't in the distribution, but
any advice as to how to get this lot compile under a GNU/Linux type
platform would be very helpful!

All the best
Stuart