[antlr-interest] Filter option

nilesh.kapile at tcs.com nilesh.kapile at tcs.com
Mon May 12 05:58:32 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using Filter option to generate only Lexer. The problem is, I'm not
able to get line number for the token.

How can I get the line number? Sample .g below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lexer grammar FuzzyQPP;

options {filter=true;}

BLOCK   :
                BEG WS? ID WS? END
                {
                        int line = 0;
                        line = $BEG.line;        /* $BEG.text works but
$BEG.line doesn't */
                        System.out.println(line);

SL_COMMENT
: '//' .* '\n'
;

WS : (' ' |'\t' |'\r' |'\n' )+
;

BEG     :'{'
        ;

END     :'}'
        ;

fragment
ID : ('a'..'z' |'A'..'Z' |'_' ) ('a'..'z' |'A'..'Z' |'_' |'0'..'9' )*
;

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nilesh Sudhakar Kapile