[antlr-interest] a few C# questions, plus ANTLR version questions

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Wed May 14 05:25:14 PDT 2008

At 23:21 14/05/2008, Johannes Luber wrote:
 >What resources does Intellisense need actually? As I can use the

 >source files I don't have difficulties with Intellisense myself,

 >but that doesn't help you. In the case of still missing data, we

 >can talk about further contributions.

The biggest aid to Intellisense is to enable XML documentation
(project properties, Build, Output, XML Documentation File [your
location may vary depending on IDE version]), then include the
resulting .xml file in the binary distribution as well.

Of course that assumes you've been using XMLdocs in the C#
source.  A cursory glance at it seems to show sporadic coverage
(though not to worry -- enabling that option will generate
compiler warnings for any publically-visible but undocumented
elements).

The main thing to bear in mind is that Intellisense only really
uses the <summary> and <param> elements.  While adding the other
stuff is useful (both for reference in the source code and if you
decide to run a full HTML doc generation), just remember that
those need to be sufficiently understandable by themselves for the
people who are only using Intellisense.