[antlr-interest] How to do real division

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Fri May 16 13:38:33 PDT 2008

HI Curtis,

good point, haven't thought about his yet.
Should be fairly easy to fix, but it may not make it into the upcoming
V3.1 release.
If you are not afraid of building antlr yourself:

In src/org/antlr/codegen/templates/Python/Python.stg there's a line

<actions.(actionScope).header>

move it up right before the <@imports> line. Then you should be able to say

@header {
    from __future__ import division
}

and it should appear where you need it.

As a long term solution I probably have to introduce a separate @
action, because e.g. when having other things than imports in @header,
you want these to be after the 'from antlr import *'.

-Ben