[antlr-interest] C# Target Poll

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Mon May 19 04:40:57 PDT 2008

> At 11:06 19/05/2008, Johannes Luber wrote:
>  >While I was working on defuting your point, I recognized that
> with
>  >subclassing the driver the code duplication can be removed
> easily
>  >for debug drivers. IMO, debug drivers need to provide the full
>  >range of options for testing purposes anyway. That still leaves
> the
>  >following issue <http://www.antlr.org:8888/browse/ANTLR-265>.
> Any
>  >ideas how to solve this?
>
> I don't think I understand the problem, nor why it's related to
> what I was saying.

It is insofar related as the goal is to remove any mentioning of the debug namespace from CSharp(2).stg. It was meant to be a general question not direct at you specifically, but I was too rushed to point that out. :(

>  >Even LINQ to Objects?
>
> Yes.  Any use of LINQ requires a reference to System.Linq.dll
> (since that's where the LINQ query definition classes are).  So
> you can't use it without requiring .NET 3.5.

Gah! The best thing of C# 3 denied to me! At least I can still use the other enhancements.

Johannes