[antlr-interest] LINQ in a lexer/parser? (WAS: C# Target Poll)

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Mon May 19 09:43:44 PDT 2008

> Hi,
>
> > >  >Even LINQ to Objects?
> > >
> > > Yes.  Any use of LINQ requires a reference to
> > System.Linq.dll (since
> > > that's where the LINQ query definition classes are).  So
> > you can't use
> > > it without requiring .NET 3.5.
> >
> > Gah! The best thing of C# 3 denied to me! At least I can
> > still use the other enhancements.
>
> How would you use LINQ in a lexer/parser?
>
> Micheal

I was thinking of using it in the runtime. As I neither have used LINQ yet nor have looked for a place where LINQ would be useful I can't give you an example. It was simply on my list with a low priority - and you wanted to see all my items. ;) And to close this thread: I don't know if LINQ is useful in a lexer or parser within the generated part but users may use it in actions and member sections.

Johannes

Johannes