[antlr-interest] C# Target Poll

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Mon May 19 09:57:45 PDT 2008

> At 09:38 19/05/2008, Johannes Luber wrote:
>  >It's just that I don't like the current naming from an
> aesthically
>  >point of view. We have Antlr3.Runtime/Antlr.Runtime, etc. It is
>  >this repetition that irks me.
>
> The grouping makes a certain amount of sense; one refers to the
> assembly and the other to the namespaces within that
> assembly.  Though it's not entirely consistent, since the
> Antlr3.Runtime.Tests assembly has all its files in the
> assembly-folder, not in a namespace-named folder.

One possibly solution would be to mimic the namespace structure with the directory structure. Though that may collapse the contents of two folders (antlr.runtime and antlr3.runtime). If that is not tolerable, one could create a new folder named base (which would decrease the purity of the solution) or move project stuff somewhere else (Another subfolder? The parent directory? Would the latter clash with several projects?).

> And on a related topic, it puzzled me a bit when I had to
> reference "Antlr3.Runtime.dll" and then use the namespace
> "Antlr.Runtime" in the code.  There's a bit of a disconnect there;
> generally the assembly names tend to match the root namespace name
> (either in full or squashed form).

Makes sense. Why I explain in the answer to Micheal's email.

Johannes