[antlr-interest] C# Just starting with Parsers, Trees

Doc In Nuke docinnuke at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:12:32 PDT 2008

Hi @ all

First of all let me apologize for the english mistakes you will surely
find in this message.

So, I just started working with ANTLR a few days ago.

I was able to generate a parser and lexer for the lua grammar provided
on the site.
Now I also was able to create nodes / sub trees using the ^ parameter in
the grammar.
I also modified the grammar a bit to try to generate what i really
wanted in the end.

One of the rule i added for exemple is the following one:
globalfuncdec    :    'function' ^ funcname funcbody ;

so for every global function (declaration not starting with local) i get
a subtree with the funcname and funcbody block.
Now what would really be nice is a way to get the funcname as 1 token
and not more.
funcname is the following rule:
 funcname : NAME ('.' NAME)* (':' NAME)? ;

in the same way having just a childnode named funcbody with all the
stuff related to funcbody under it would be great.

So i would have something like that:
                                function
            funcname/value         funcbody
                                         stuff_1  ... stuff_n

So I was wondering if one can do such a thing, and if yes, how ?

Best Regards,