[antlr-interest] RewriteEmptyStreamException at last brace

arjode at uni-koblenz.de arjode at uni-koblenz.de
Mon May 26 07:33:29 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've a simple grammar, basicly something Javalike. My rule looks like that
(it's realy that simple as it is unfinished):

    classDecl : CLASS classBody -> ^(CLASS classBody)
    classBody : LBRACE RBRACE -> ^(CLASSBODY)

To test the error recovery I use the following input:

    class {

I would expect error recovery inserts the missing brace, print the error
message and the AST is generated as it should. But instead I get a
RewriteEmptyStreamException (which indicates there is something wrong with
my grammar!?). What's going on here? Can someone explain?

Thanks!
Arne