[antlr-interest] ANTLR Questions

Tue May 27 16:02:01 PDT 2008

Using this grammar:
http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/attachments/20080526/595e3dfb/attachment-0001.obj

I seem to get ambiguity errors, or so I think. The error messages are
very ambiguous themselves (Yes, I know, wait until ANTLR 3 is built on
ANTLR 3), but I cannot pinpoint the results of them..

Also, Random Questions:
 * How do hetero trees work in 3.1? I looked at the wiki, but I was
confused as how the flat tree system works. What are the differences
between this system and the usual standard AST model?
 * How would you create a code generator using a tree grammar?
 * What would be an efficient system for entering and exiting contexts?

My project is porting the hand-written parsing/lexing stuff of ESC
from mozilla ( http://hg.mozilla.org/index.cgi/tamarin-central/file/548a350c9c29/esc/src/
, parse.es, lex-*.es and ast.es) into a more manageable ANTLR grammar.

Any suggestions?