[antlr-interest] C# sources in intermediate builds

C. Mundi cmundi at gmail.com
Fri May 30 11:31:29 PDT 2008

Hi, again.

My goal today is to build all of the ANTLR 3.1 runtime libs (expect maybe
StringTemplate) needed to target C#.

I noticed a couple things about the C# sources in antlr-2008-05-25.11 when
building on WinXP.

The following files (and only the following files) for the C# runtime
projects had "0000664" appended to them by WinZip 9.0.  Hmmm... looks a lot
like un*x file permissions bits:

Antlr3.Runtime.Tests (VS2005).csproj0000644
MismatchedNotSetException.cs0000644
DebugTreeNodeStream.cs0000644
IDebugEventListener.cs0000644
CommonTreeNodeStream.cs0000644

Renamed the files, and everything built great with Visual Studio 2005.

The other thing I noticed is that there seems to be no project file (Visual
Studio or Nant) to rebuild antlr.runtime.dll.  I assume there's a really
good reason for this, and that if I understood that reason I would be that
much further along in my ANTLR journey.  So what do I need to know?  If this
has been discussed here (which seems likely) I would appreciate a pointer to
that discussion.

thanks!
cm