[antlr-interest] How to get value of next token match - regd.

Ashok Varikuti asoka250 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:55:41 PST 2008

Hello list,

My tree grammar looks as follow's:-

edges[Object g,String subID] returns [int nodeID] @init { nodeID= 0; } :
    { int edgeID = 0;  }
    ( ^(D_EDGE_OP  ( start=edges[g,subID] | start=node_id[g,subID] )
end=node_id[g,subID]
      {
      }

node_id[Object g,String subID] returns [int nodeID] @init { nodeID=0;}
    :
    ( i=id
    | ^(COLON i=id (r=ID) ? ( compass ) ? )
    ) {}

Simply put, *Can I get text of a next matched token using a grammar
action*. *Lookahead K=1 for example*.

Further description:-
For this sample edge  cluster_A --> B, in the edges function,
start=node_id[g,subID] is the first match.
How do I do something like this, ( ^(D_EDGE_OP  ( start=edges[g,subID] |
start=node_id[g,subID] (get value of matched id in node_id func here)
end=node_id[g,subID]
That is, I want to get the id of the matched node(which is obvious
node_id func) in the edges function.

--
Ashok R Varikuti
Graduate Research Assistant