[antlr-interest] ANTLR-based Java grammar for javac compiler

Yang Jiang yang.jiang.z at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:23:59 PST 2008

That is because we are talking about two kinds of tree here.
The one build by Antlr's tree construction mechanisms is different than
the one needed by javac.

Of course you could build an Antlr tree, but that's how far a grammar
can go. But if you want to
take advantages of javac's code validation, code generation etc., you
have to build a javac tree
to hook into the javac's system.

Yang