[antlr-interest] [Bug] Antlr C code memory leak in Antlr 3.1.1

merry_winfly at hotmail.com merry_winfly at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:03:47 PST 2008

> From: jimi at temporal-wave.com
> CC: antlr-interest at antlr.org
> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:21:52 -0800
> Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] [Bug] Antlr C code memory leak in Antlr 3.1.1
>
> On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 03:31 +0000, merry_winfly at hotmail.com wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I have found the problem,
>>
>> In the code of PLSQLpredigestParser.c:51987 , I find the new memory didn't free when meet
>> (
>> if (BACKTRACKING>0)
>> {
>> FAILEDFLAG = ANTLR3_TRUE;
>> return retval;
>> }
>> )
>
> At face value, then I woudl say that there is a template error that
> means somethign is being allocated in backtrack mode when it should not
> be. I have your code, so I should be able to track it down.
>
> Sorry for the sparadic replies, but I have ben rebuilding machines,
> setting up Hudson builds of ANTLR and all sorts of things that have got
> in the way of me being useful ;-) Actually, I have been useful at
> swearing a lot at 64 bit Linux distributions; the idea that Linux will
> any time soon replce Windows as a desktop is laughable right now ;-)
>

> Jim

Hi Jim,

Actually, I use gdb to trace and find when meet (if (BACKTRACKING>0) FAILEDFLAG = ANTLR3_TRUE; return retval;), it will not add the memory to the garbage vector.

But more, I will know the reason.

Waitting for your message and thanks you a lot.

BTW, I agree with you, more and more OS are Linux, including me:)

Thanks.

Best Regards
Winfly Lin