[antlr-interest] MismatchedTokenException in sample grammar

cyrilg31 at free.fr cyrilg31 at free.fr
Sun Oct 5 02:22:08 PDT 2008

Hello,

I would like to recover information in String separated by tags like /WR, /BR

here is my grammar:
grammar example;

SLASH : '/';

CHAR : ('a'..'z'|'A'..'Z'|'.'|'-');

SEPARATOR_WR : SLASH 'WR';
SEPARATOR_BR : SLASH 'BR';
SEPARATOR_YH : SLASH 'YH';

abvalue: (CHAR | SLASH)*;
brvalue: (CHAR | SLASH)*;
yhvalue: (CHAR | SLASH)*;

message  :    SEPARATOR_WR abvalue SEPARATOR_BR  brvalue SEPARATOR_YH  yhvalue;

When I try with this message: /WRblabla/BRRFT/PNmj/YHkijg , no problem, it is
working fine.

When I try with this message: /WRblabla/BRRFT/WNmj/YHkijg , I have a " problem
matching token at 1:18 MismatchedTokenException(78!=82)" and I don't recover all
the information

When I try with this message: /WRblabla/BRRFT/WRmj/YHkijg , I have a "No Viable
Alt Exception".

It seems to be a problem of lexer and not parser, but I don't know how to
correct this.

Could you help me please, indicates me what it is wrong, or where to find
information. I read a lots of message in this forum and the "Definitive ANTLR
Reference" from Terence Parr but I didn't find information to solve my problem.

 Thank you very much

Cyril