[antlr-interest] ANTLR Doxygen Config?

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Fri Oct 10 15:18:54 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 15:07 -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> On Friday 10 October 2008 14:59, Jim Idle wrote:

> > > Yes, of course I have the source code. How else could I generate
> > > the JavaDoc HTML??

> > > Jeez. If I knew what to look for I wouldn't have to ask.
> >
> > Err, taking issue with me telling you where the source code tree
> > browser is (and giving you the links to the doxygen config file)
>
> Though in fact you did not give me "... the links to the doxygen config
> file," only a pointer to the large set of files in which it might be
> found. And you did this even though it was clear from my earlier
> postings in this thread that I had the source code already. You
> could "... save a lot of time for everyone ..." by paying attention to
> the threads to which you're posting.

Unreal, you  take issue that I give you a link to a list of files at the
top level runtime directory, which in the case of Java consists of a
list of 1 file, which is called 'doxyfile'. Obviously you didn't
actually bother to click on the link, but just decided to assume it was
a list of all the source code.

> > is a bit rich don't you think? How could you NOT know what to look
> > for if you know how to run doxygen?
>
> Doxygen makes no demands on the name of the config file, so one really
> has nothing to go on a priori in seeking it within a source
> distribution of, as is the case with ANTLR 3.1.1, 89 directories and
> 802 files.

Oh yeah, because everyone calls the config file zarquon and never places
it at the top of the directory tree.

> > Don't worry though, I won't make the mistake of offending you again by
> > trying to help.
>
> By using the word "jeez" to express mild exasperation you conclude I'm
> offended?
>
> Nonetheless, I feel I will survive without your insights.

But you won't get very far without the insights given to you on this
group it seems, given that you post about 5 times as many questions as
anyone else. You might want to turn down the levels on your righteous
indignation buttons.

> You may feel
> free to put me in your killfile. I will sleep soundly even if you do.

I have no doubt that you will, but I have no time for this nonsense.

Jim