[antlr-interest] New Maven Artifiacts

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Sun Oct 26 10:14:00 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 14:25 +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Hey Jim,
>
> Thanks for looking into that.
>
> > If you are interested in this happening, please visit that JIRA report and
> > vote for it. I don't know how much that influences the upload but it may
> > well help to get someone to upload it quicker than otherwise.
>
> Upload requests are served on a volunteer basis. So there isn't really
> a schedule or priority queue. What helps though is to poke the folks
> (that have access) at #maven on irc.codehaus.org.

I see - I don't have access to that, but perhaps you can be an advocate
for this? In fact I have got the 3.1 and 3.1.1 stuff ready and published
on my own repository (ready for the real ANTLR one), so if no one does
the upload, then perhaps I will be ready for a repository sync anyway.

> > However, all being well, we will soon have our own ANTLR repository for Ter
> > to deploy to, which will be auto synced to Maven and then as new versions of
> > ANTLR are released, they should automatically show up in Maven.
>
> Great news. That's certainly easier. Just wrote a blog post on how to
> set this up:
>
> http://vafer.org/blog/20081026142413

I'll check this out - I have it all working locally, and today I am
going to see if the antlr.org stuff that Ter set up for me is also
working. I have also updated Dave Holdroyd's plugin and am going to make
a progammable interface to the tool so that we don't have to keep
copying code from Tool.java into the plugin - much neater obviously.

Though there is a bit of a learning curce to set this up, I htink that
as a user of the tool sets it is really a good choice of build
environments (learning curve is a lot shorter if you are just
configuring a build and not making artifacts yourself).

Jim