[antlr-interest] Antlr dependencies

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Oct 29 21:00:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 23:51 -0300, me tk82c wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
>     We're talking about a JAR file of 1.4mb that is huge to many cell
> phones :-(

No, you are looking at the wrong Jar :-). That is the jar that contains
the tool and so on. The runtime  only jar is currently:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 jimi jimi 138042 2008-10-28 15:47
antlr-runtime-3.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

You can probably make this smaller by un-jaring it, and removing some of
the debugging and string template stuff (assuming that you are not using
that). Check with reference to the source. Hmm, maybe I can make a
deployment target for Maven with an ME oriented runtime that is smaller
than that, but you can certainly do it manually, unjar, carefully
remove .class files you don't need (and that are not essential), rejar.

Jim