[antlr-interest] ANTLR book going for 3rd printing

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Oct 30 17:55:33 PDT 2008

howdy, the publisher is going to do another printing of the definitive
antlr reference book. They wanted to fix the errata of course, but
they want to know how long it would take to update the book to be
compatible with 3.1.1. I told him that most of the book would be okay,
but some areas such as error handling could use a number of fixes. I
might have to wait until next reprint to totally fix things because of
the tight schedule for reprinting.

Can anybody give me a quick idea of what would need to change when
moving forward to 3.1.1 from 3.0? In other words, what problems /
incompatibilities have you found in the book when using it with 3.1.1?

Ter