[antlr-interest] How to remove this kind of warning

Ronghui Yu Ronghui.Yu at sierraatlantic.com
Fri Sep 5 07:15:48 PDT 2008

I would like to have it as a lexer rule, but in my parser, there is a Floating_Point_Constant like

Floating_Point_Constant:
   ('0'..'9')+ '.' ('0'..'9')* ('e'|'E')?;

Then when an IP appears in the stream, it is divided into serveral floating point tokens, but not a complete IP token

Then I rewrite this rule to deal with double cases

Floating_Point_Constant:

  (

  )

;

This rule can deal with both cases well, but I need to define a token IP_Address first, then comes the story.

If I define two rules for floating point and ip address respectively, seems one of them doesn't work properly.