[antlr-interest] antlr-3.1.jar shows up as antlr-2.7.7?

Jack Spencer jack.t.spencer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:06:17 PDT 2008

I'm trying to get antlr-3.1 to run on OS X 10.5.4.
I d/l-ed the antlr-3.1.tar.gz file from the main antlr download page, have
the antlr-3.1.jar in my CLASSPATH.
The CLASSPATH only contains that specific jar.  No other antlr versions on
the system.
But when I run java antlr.Tool foo.g the version string is "Version 2.7.7
(20060906)"

Further, since it fails to recognize the "grammar foo.g", it really is
ANTLR2

So - how do I get the 3.1 jar to act, well... as 3.1?
Thanks,
Jack