[antlr-interest] Using Antlr for Visual Studio Language Services

Sam Harwell sharwell at pixelminegames.com
Mon Sep 29 08:42:22 PDT 2008

Our IDE uses ANTLR as the core processor for IntelliSense, plus a custom Lexer base class that allows the lexer to double as the syntax highlighter core. We've created a modular language service framework for ANTLR-based language services, an ANTLR v3 language service for editing the grammars, and tied the grammars directly into the build process. After we get our release ready, I'm planning to spend some time documenting key portions of the process of creating antlr-based language services.

http://wiki.pixelminegames.com/index.php?title=Tools:UnrealScript_Studio:Features

I call it an IDE instead of a plug-in because even the Microsoft languages are implemented in this fashion, and they are not called plugins. J

Sam