[antlr-interest] Regarding handling of special characters

Raghavendra Anjana (RBEI/EMT2) Raghavendra.Anjana at in.bosch.com
Tue Apr 28 21:14:51 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to antlr.  I have a peculiar problem working with special characters in my grammar.

I have some special characters to be parsed by my grammar.

I am getting an error like "line 18685:2 no viable alternative at character 'Ü'". Which I assume is because my parser is unable to identify the special character.  I came to know that I have to specify charVocabulary in my options block of the grammar. But that didn't work.

Can you please help me with this.. I am using Antlr v3 -- Java.

Thanks and Regards
Raghavendra