[antlr-interest] Flumoxed by Javascript Target

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Apr 30 09:56:35 PDT 2009

Hugo Leeney wrote:
> Thanks so much for that lightning reply. Unfortunately I'm probably
> not serious about dev'ing a target as Boss wants the actual problem
> solved asap, not the generic one.. :(
>
> On the build side of things, is there supposed to be a pom.xml in the
> antlr-3.1.3 directory? I downloaded from
> http://www.antlr.org/download/antlr-3.1.3.tar.gz, BUILD.txt says I
> should see one, but I don't. BUILD.txt does say something about
> 'possibly need to install the master pom in your local repository' and
> to execute 'mvn -N install'. I tried that and got

The problem is a bug in the maven plugin sources:jar. It does not
include the pom.xml file! Apparently there is a fix and I should update
the pom to use that version of the plugin.

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an existing p
> m.xml, but the build is not using one.
> [INFO] Total time: 11 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 30 16:49:31 BST 2009
> [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/7M
>
> I cd'd into 'tool' and exec'd 'mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true', after
> downloading  *cough* several files .. it succeeded !!
>
> So that lead me to fisheye and probably more appropriately hudson
> (can't download directories in fisheye right?). In hudson I'd have to
> download each 'component' separately I think so that would mean no
> master build either.. ?

Again, I just looked at the source jar that is produced for the Daily
build project, which should include the whole tree and the poms, but of
course the poms are not in there! I will try to fix all that up today as
it renders the sources jars useless. The pom.xml files can be downloaded
separately from hudson in the same place as the sources jar, but that
isn't quite satisfactory.

Jim