[antlr-interest] How to debug grammars on Vista

sunao furukawa sadie at kind.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Aug 4 20:04:55 PDT 2009

David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
> This is very likely because the 'default local port' set in the ANTLRWorks
> preferences (File menu | Preferences | Debugger tab) is not the same as
> DEBUGGER_PORT in TestE.java. They must both be the same unused port.

 Some days ago,you give me the same advice.so I set preferences (File menu |
Preferences | Debugger tab) default local port 48000.

> If the ports are already the same, then the problem may be that TestE
> isn't
> running (you have to run it manually; sorry if this is stating the
> obvious),
> or for some reason hasn't reached the point in the code where it listens,
> which is called from the parser constructor.

I executed command prompt "java TestE". But I didn't watch TCP 48000 by
"netstat -an",.
I don't know why,but __Test__.java succeed.
Perhaps method "system.in" prevented me from getting a port 48000.
How did you get a port in Java and ANTLR?
Please teach me how to get a port, except __Test__.java.