[antlr-interest] .NET Antlr3.Runtime Public Key Changed?

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Thu Aug 20 11:51:09 PDT 2009

> I'm trying to use NHibernate 2.1 and StringTemplate 3.1.  NHibernate
> depends
> upon Antlr3.Runtime for its HQL query language.  NHibernate 2.1 depends
> upon
> Antlr3.Runtime version 3.1.0.39271 public key 3a9cab8f8d22bfb7.
> meanwhile,
> StringTemplate 3.1 also depends upon Antlr3.Runtime, but version
> 3.1.3.6002
> public key eb42632606e9261f.
>
> I've tried using assembly binding redirection in my application
> configuration, but because the public keys are different, it will never
> work.
>
> My question is, did the public key change?  My weak understanding of the
> public key is that its supposed to ensure the assembly is from a certain
> publisher, which I don't imagine has changed.

Are you sure your using ST 3.1? This version still uses ANTLR 2.7.7 with an antlr.runtime.dll (note the different filenames). The only version with an Antlr3.Runtime.dll is the new ST 3.2. It also uses the CSharp3 target instead the current CSharp2 target, which uses a different namespace (may be ignored by the key signing). I imagine that the maintainer created an own keypair instead using the available one. It is also possible that NHibernate signed the DLL themselves.

The most simple solution, assuming that you are right in your diagnosis, is to rebuild NHibernate with the most current DLL. If you are using ST 3.2 then it may be worth to try to change the DLL name and rebuild ST then. I hope that covers it. :)

Johannes