[antlr-interest] antlrv3-maven plugin problem with "monolitic" grammars

Corrado Campisano corrado.campisano at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:05:53 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I'm using ANTLRv3 for my dissertation (building a parser for Description
Logics statements to be converted into OWL class definitions).

I've been using AntlrWorks to prepare a draft version of my grammar, then I
started mavenizing the stuff.

I experienced a problem with "monolitic" grammars (both parser and lexer)
when generating Lexer and Parser:the problem is the "package" directive is
added to the Parser only and not to the Lexer.

I worked around it by splitting the grammar into the parser-and-lexer parts,
so this email is just to report the issue, in case someone wants to fix it.

For a descritpion of the problem, take a look at section " 4) CREATE A TEST
CASE AND RUN IT" in this readme:
http://www.servicemix.eu/_SAMPLES/READ_ME.txt

You can also get the whole maven-project-root folder here:
http://www.servicemix.eu/_SAMPLES/maven-test-1.zip

Cheers.
Corrado Campisano