[antlr-interest] Problems with memory consumption when generating parsers

Marcin Rzeźnicki marcin.rzeznicki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 08:25:41 PST 2009

Hi to all,
I am experiencing some problems with excessive memory usage when
generating my parser. I allocated 128MB of heap memory to ANTLRWorks
and it cannot complete generation of parser for Java-like expressions.
I suspect this is rater bad sign but I am not sure whether I need, at
this point, to just allocate more memory and get over the issue or
start worrying. How do you think? Also, how can I check out which
parts of the grammar cause this? Are there any techniques which you
can recommend? I could post the grammar but I think it is too big for
the mailing list - but if someone would like to take a look then I'll
surely post it.
--
Greetings
Marcin Rzeźnicki