[antlr-interest] Problem Installing ANTLR on Ganymede Eclipse 3.4.2 on OS X 10.4.11

mgwmgw mgwmgw at comcast.net
Tue Dec 22 12:25:44 PST 2009

I use the Ganymede (3.4.2) version of Eclipse on OS X 10.4.11.
I am trying to install ANTLR plugin. Per the wonderful video tutorial,
I installed GEF and Zest and Dynamic Language support and restarted.
Then I tried to install the ANTLR plugin
and I got the message
The software items you selected may not be valid with your current
installation.
Do you want to open the wizard anyway to review the selections?
I clicked on Yes and got the error
Cannot complete the request.  See the details.
Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.ui
[3.4.2.M20090204-0800].
I am installing from  http://antlrv3ide.sourceforge.net/updates
http://antlrv3ide.sourceforge.net/updates

I cannot install a newer 3.5 version of Eclipse because it requires a newer
OS X.
Is there a way to use the ANTLR plugin in this environment?

Thanks.