[antlr-interest] adding "version" option to ANTLR grammars

Sam Harwell sharwell at pixelminegames.com
Sun Feb 1 21:11:40 PST 2009

(I'm only offering an independent opinion on this - definitely not
trying to insult anyone.)

This option feels "gimmicky" to me. It doesn't address the asynchronous
nature of core/target updates, target-to-target incompatibilities, and
doesn't identify breaking changes in the Tool between versions. I don't
think it adds anything that a comment at the top doesn't already give.
This is what the Breaking Changes section of release notes is for. :)

Sam