[antlr-interest] Debug issues

Dennis Brothers brothers at bros.com
Wed Feb 4 12:47:15 PST 2009

I may be (probably am) missing something, but I think the debugging
experience could be improved a bit.

On my system (Vista under Bootcamp and Fusion on a MacBook Pro, C#
target), the default debug port (49153?) seems to be in use by some
other process - possibly Outlook, from a quick Google search.  To
change the port in the generated parser, you need to hand a port
number to the constructor of a debug-enabled parser.  _But_, a non-
debug parser doesn't have a constructor with that signature, so you
have to edit your code whenever you switch debugging on or off.

It would be good if the non-debug parser accepted (and ignored) the
port number, or if the debug port could be specified some other way -
possibly by being able to put something like -debug:1234 on the
command line.

Am I missing something?

     - Dennis Brothers