[antlr-interest] Debug issues

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 14:07:37 PST 2009

Dennis Brothers schrieb:
> I may be (probably am) missing something, but I think the debugging
> experience could be improved a bit.
>
> On my system (Vista under Bootcamp and Fusion on a MacBook Pro, C#
> target), the default debug port (49153?) seems to be in use by some
> other process - possibly Outlook, from a quick Google search.  To
> change the port in the generated parser, you need to hand a port
> number to the constructor of a debug-enabled parser.  _But_, a non-
> debug parser doesn't have a constructor with that signature, so you
> have to edit your code whenever you switch debugging on or off.
>
> It would be good if the non-debug parser accepted (and ignored) the
> port number, or if the debug port could be specified some other way -
> possibly by being able to put something like -debug:1234 on the
> command line.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
>      - Dennis Brothers

Sam Harwell is already trying to untangle the problem with the
constructors for the CSharp3 target. Hopefully I can port back this to
CSharp2 without much difficulty, although it would be a good idea, if
all targets would support this. You can use preprocessor directives in
the meantime to ease the switch between debug and non-debug in the
meanwhile.

Johannes