[antlr-interest] Q: opinions on ikvm + antlr3 ?

C. Mundi cmundi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:42:43 PST 2009

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting that your work (or Johannes' work)
is lagging TParr.  Quite the opposite.  It's amazing how well you guys have
mind-melded.  And I recognize from my own work elsewhere the almost
super-human effort that requires.  "Thank you."  You contributors don't hear
that nearly enough here.

You've just about talked me out of IKVM.  I need to ponder it more.  Thank
you.

And you make an excellent point about the C# target being ahead of Java in
some aspects.

Although I failed to say so, my desire to sync with TParr (or at least have
the option) is stability.  I'm not interested in chasing the latest
pre-release features.  But I am interested in getting the latest fixes.  So
even if the C# target gets "ahead" of the Java reference, I would probably
not use the C# enhancements until they were cross-ported to Java anyway.

Thanks and congratulations to all of you who make this amazing tool work for
so many more of us.

C. Mundi