[antlr-interest] ANTLR installation

Raymond J. Schneider rschneid at bridgewater.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:28:41 PST 2009

I'm trying to use ANTLR in a compiler design class and have been running into installation issues.
We can make ANTLRWorks run but seem to have difficulties with the runtime aspects and none of my student have been able to get it all running.
I think they are mostly running Windows Vista although I'm running Windows XP.

Is there a clear up to date installation document that walks through the whole installation with some confirmatory checks at the end?
The biggest issue seems to be setting the CLASSPATH correctly and getting parsers to run outside of the ANTLRWorks environment.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer.

Regards, Ray

--
Ray Schneider,PE, Ph.D
Associate Professor