[antlr-interest] save a parsers output to a file and read it back in with a tree parser?

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Tue Feb 10 06:30:07 PST 2009

> Hi all,
> is there a way to save a parsers output to a file and read it back in with
> a tree parser? Think that would be helpful i.e. debugging a tree parser in
> antlr works.
> Best Regards,
> Claus

The best idea I had is to create a debug parser with a special IDebugListener implementation, which saves the created nodes in a text format (a direct parse tree reading will not work if you change/delete nodes). Then you could create a special stream (not sure what tree parsers expect), which can work with the input format. Maybe others know about another shortcut.

Johannes