[antlr-interest] Are C++ STL instances safe to use with the C runtime?

Richard Lewis Richard.Lewis at ite.com.au
Wed Feb 11 15:38:33 PST 2009

Hi, I just started the process of determining how to convert my JAVA
runtime based grammar into the C runtime. Will I run into memory
allocation issues if I embed STL? For example, in my current grammar I
use:

scope RScope {

                String name;

                HashMap<String,Enum> symbols;

}

If I translate this to:

scope RScope {

                std::string name;

                std::map<std::string, int> symbols;

}

Is this even going to compile? And if it does, will it blow up or leak
memory?

The second part of my question is: Will there be a C++ runtime available
in the near future?