[antlr-interest] maven plugin always regenerates sources

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Feb 12 08:07:50 PST 2009

Michael Bedward wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using the org.antlr maven plugin.  It does a great job - it just
> seems to want to do it all the time :-)  In other words, it _always_
> wants to re-generate the sources, even when the existing files are
> more recent that the grammar files.
>
> I'm using maven from within Netbeans.  I've fiddled with the plugin
> section in the pom a bit but I must be missing something.  My present
> setup is below.
>
> If someone could enlighten me I'd be very grateful.
>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>antlr3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <version>3.1.1.2</version>
>                 <configuration>
>
> <libDirectory>target/generated-sources/antlr/jaitools/jiffle/parser</libDirectory>
>                 </configuration>
>                 <executions>
>                     <execution>
>                         <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>                         <goals>
>                             <goal>antlr</goal>
>                         </goals>
>                     </execution>
>                 </executions>
>             </plugin>
>
> cheers
Did you tell Netbeans to use the the Maven 2.0.9 installation, or di d
you let it use its supplied one, which in Netbeans 6.1 is the
development version M2 or M1 of 2.0.10 and has a few issues.

That said, I think there might indeed be something not quite right about
it and it is on my list of things to look into. It is just a lower
priority than it would be if it chose NOT to generate the sources ;-)

Jim