[antlr-interest] subtrees which I don't care about and .*

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 03:24:08 PST 2009

Hi,

I was spending sometime with my tree grammar today and noticed that the .* rules dont seem to properly match/ignore subtrees and instead generate an error upon encountering DOWN.

If I am correct about this, what is the proper way of creating tree grammars where I am only interested in a subset of the rules in the generated tree? Is there some method for doing this using grammar inheritance?

Thanks in advance,

Carter.