[antlr-interest] Java Parser to analyze C++ language syntax

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:32:06 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM, SSG JJV <virtuoso.coders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. But David's parser outputs C++ parser. I need a Java Parser to validate
> C++ language syntax.
> Thanks

It looks as if LLVM now has capable and stable C++ support:

LLVM includes "Front-ends for C and C++ based on the GCC 3.4 and 4.0.1
parsers. They support the ANSI-standard C and C++ languages to the
same degree that GCC supports them. Additionally, many GCC extensions
are supported" [1].

I've followed some of their progress and architecture and I believe it
would be a good starting point.

HTH,

--Kaleb

[1] http://llvm.org/Features.html