[antlr-interest] Newbie Help

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 09:14:50 PST 2009

> Mike Gering wrote:
> >
> > Markus,
> >
> > Thanks for the response. I'm stuck with 2.7.7 because our legal guys have not approved us to use
> > any version 3 releases, and I have no realistic hope that they will any time soon :-(
>
> That's strange considering that ANTLR 2.7.7 does not have all the contributors signed up to a release
> form that guarantees the work is covered by the license, whereas ANTLR 3.x does and there is no legal
> issue. Lawyers eh? ;-)

Actually that's not quite true. The licenses of the CSharp(2) targets have been modified with a fourth cluase basically stating the intent of the contributor agreement. Not really to be concerned about as user, but those targets will be once completely replaced by CSharp3, which doesn't have this baggage (no timeline for CSharp2's retirement yet).

Johannes