[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks output path errors

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Tue Jan 20 23:11:29 PST 2009

I recently tried using ANTLRWorks 1.2.2 (previously I was using
1.1.7), but I'm getting errors whenever I tell it to generate the
code (I'm using Windows):

Check Grammar reported some errors:
(5): directory not found:
D:\Programming\antlr\tests\D:\Programming\antlr\AntlrWorks
Consult the console for more information.

The grammar file I am trying to compile is in
D:\Programming\antlr\tests; the directory
D:\Programming\antlr\AntlrWorks is the Output Path set in
ANTLRWorks' preferences.

If I change the output path to "..\AntlrWorks" and restart
ANTLRWorks (the change doesn't seem to have any effect until
ANTLRWorks is restarted) then it will *occasionally* work
properly, and other times give the same error but with the path
simply "..\AntlrWorks".

And of course using a relative path fails if I want to compile
grammars located elsewhere.