[antlr-interest] CSharp2: serialize/deserialize as AST

Ben Gillis wbgillis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:34:55 PST 2009

I want to serialize/deserialize an AST, binary format, using C#.

But, I'm not clear how the AST is reconstructed on deserialization concerning the IToken.Parent.

I see some serialization in ANTLR, e.g. Antlr.Runtime.Debug.DebugEventSocketProxy.SerializeToken.  This would be a pointer; therefore, some recursive approach to using built-in AddChild methods or something must be done???

Before I brew up something, perhaps this is (a) already done/available?  (b) easier than I'm making it???

Thanks,
Ben